Common Names of Moringa in other languages:
English - Moringa, Drumstick tree, Horseradish tree, Latin - Moringa oleifera, Sanskrit - Surajana
Hindi - Sahjan (सहजन), Tamil - Murungai or murunga kaai, Kannada - Keramaddinagaddi, Telgu - Mulakkaya, Malayalam - Muringa, Marathi - Shevga, Gujarati - Saragvo, Bengali - Sojne danta, Oriya - Sajana or Sujuna, Punjabi - Surajana, Nepali - Sajiwan or Swejan
Assamese - Sojina, Sinhalese - Murunga, Chinese - La mu ( 辣木 )
- 3 teaspoons moringa powder
- 3 medium avocados, ripe, peeled
- 12 cherry tomatos, diced
- 1 1/2 limes, squeezed
- Sea salt to taste
- Fresh cilantro, finely chopped, to taste
- Squish avocados with a fork in medium bowl.
- Mix in lime juice and other ingredients.
Moringa Blueberry Smoothie
- 2 teaspoons moringa powder
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 banana
- 1 cup fresh pineapple chunks
- 1 orange, peeled
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1/4 avocado, peeled
- Combine all ingredients in blender.
- Mix to suit.
- Add more ice if inclined
Moringa Creamed Spinach
- 4 teaspoons moringa powder
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 medium onion, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3-4 bunches (2 1/2 lbs) flat-leafed spinach, trimmed and cleaned
- 4 oz bar of cream cheese, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup milk
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- Sea salt
- Bring salted water to a boil in a large pot.
- Add spinach and cook until just wilted, about 1 minute.
- Drain in colander.
- Rinse with cold water until cool.
- Squeeze spinach to remove water and coarsely chop before setting aside.
- Melt butter over medium heat in large saucepan.
- Add garlic and onion, season with salt and pepper.
- Cook and stir until onion is soft in around 3-5 minutes.
- Add cream cheese and milk.
- Cook, stirring, until cream cheese is melted and smooth.
- Sprinkle in moringa powder.
- Stir in spinach.
- Simmer over medium heat until mixture thickens in about 8-10 minutes.
- Add nutmeg.
- Season with salt and pepper.