Organic jumbo Turkish Figs are fully ripe sweet fruits. There is no added sugar or sulfite. These figs are very sweet and moist. These fruits are graded for their large size. Beware, these figs are addicting in nature. These fruits are picked at the peak of ripeness and dried without the use of sulfur or additives. The figs are organically grown using sustainable, bio-diverse farming techniques. The figs are handled in a facility that is completely allergen free and free of nuts, dairy and gluten. Figs are a good source of potassium. They are a good source of dietary fiber. Besides potassium and fiber content, figs are a good source of manganese. Figs also contain high amounts of water. Figs are also known for their high calcium levels. NOTE: wash them by rubbing the fig under running hot water for a few seconds prior to eating (nowadays all fruit and veggies whether organic or not must be washed!) and this rehydrates them almost instantly. So if they were too dried out to your taste before, this quick rehydration ought to do the trick.
- 6 jumbo figs, chopped
- 2 bananas, peeled, chopped
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- Place figs, bananas, milk, orange juice and ice into blender.
- Cover and puree until desired consistency. (Add more ice if desired.)
- Serve and enjoy.
Fig Date Bread
- 1 cup figs, chopped
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup water, boiling
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup dates, pitted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Lightly grease 8x4" baking pan.
- Combine figs, dates, butter and baking soda in medium bowl.
- Pour in boiling water, stir well, then set aside for 15 minutes.
- Beat walnuts, sugar and eggs into fig mixture.
- Combine whole wheat and all-purpose flours, baking powder and salt.
- Stir flour mixture into the fig mixture just until blended.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 55-65 minutes. (Until a toothpick inserted into center of loaf comes out clean.)
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto wire rack to complete cooling.
Fig Almond Brie
- 4 jumbo dried figs, chopped
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup toasted almonds
- 1 (14 oz) round 4 1/4-inch diameter Brie cheese
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Heat water and brown sugar in small saucepan over medium heat until sugar completely dissolves.
- Add vanilla and figs, cook until softened, approximately 10 minutes.
- Stir almonds into the mixture.
- Place brie wheel in baking dish, pour combination of other ingredients over the top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10-15 mins until softened, be careful not to melt.
- Serve with crackers of choice.