Organic Maca Root powder has a nutty butterscotch flavor and is a blend of the yellow, red and black, hence giving the combined supportive benefits from all three varieties. Maca's reputation as a powerful enhancer of strength and stamina goes back more than 500 years, and today it is gaining worldwide attention for its effectiveness. Maca root, is cultivated exclusively at an altitude of 4,000-4,500 m in the Peruvian Central Andes. Maca is traditionally used for its nutritional and presumed medicinal properties. Gelatinized Maca powder helps improve energy and endurance naturally without the jitters. Because of it’s powerful nourishing properties it was one of the most important resources for nourishment in pre-Inkan and Inkan times. It takes about 4 kg of Raw Maca roots to produce 1 Kg of Gelatinized Maca powder.
Can be added to pancakes, smoothies, juices, ice-creams or baked goods
Maca Almond Banana Chocolate Smoothie
- 2 cups of unsweetened almond milk
- 2 medium sized frozen sliced banana
- 1 tsp of banana powder
- 1 tbsp of cacao powder
- 1 tsp Indus Organics gelatinized maca powder (any kind that you prefer)
- sweetener (maple syrup, stevia - of your own choice)
- Put all the ingredients in your blender and process till it becomes smooth.
- Serve with ice.
Maca Almond Banana Pancakes
- 3/4 cup all-purpose or wholegrain flour
- 1 peeled banana
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp Indus Organics maca powder (any kind of your choice)
- sweetener of your own choice
- sliced almonds
- Combine banana, vanilla and milk in high speed blender
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and maca powder
- Pour banana milk into dry ingredients, whisk until it makes a smooth paste.
- Pour in batches on the griddle over low heat and your pancakes will come out easily
- Add sweetener and topped with sliced almonds.