Maca Root Powder is cultivated exclusively at an altitude of 4,000-4,500 m in the Peruvian Central Andes. Maca is traditionally used for its nutritional and presumed medicinal properties. Gelatinized maca powder helps improve energy and endurance naturally without jittery side effects. Because of it’s powerful nourishing properties it was one of the most important resources for nourishment in pre-Incan and Incan times. It takes about 4 kg of Raw Maca roots to produce 1 Kg of Gelatinized Maca powder.
- No additives added
- High glucosinolate and macamide content which increase energy levels, and combats physical and mental fatigue and stress
- Balances the diet and raises the libido
- High digestibility
- Free of allergens, GMO, BSE/TSE and non-irradiation process
Gelatinized Maca is more easily digestible and can be better digest than the regular Maca. Gelatinized process removes the starch from the Maca root, making it easily digestible for maximum nutrient absorption. The powder is very soluble in liquids, which makes it smoothly blend in smoothies and juices.
This extrusion process separates and removes the tough fiber from the roots using gentle heat and pressure, as raw Maca is difficult to digest due to its thick fibers and goitrogen content. Gelatinization was developed for Maca specifically to mimic the activity of cooking, and to allow gentler digestion. Gelatinized Maca is employed mainly for therapeutic and supplement purposes, but also can be used like Maca flour, as a flavor in cooking.
Interestingly, although sharing similar nutritional profiles, the three colors of Maca have been demonstrated in research to have differing levels of various beneficial effects:
Yellow Maca is often reported to have promising results on fertility forums, sometimes in conjunction with Suma root.
All three colors of Maca have helped some individuals experience:
A boost in overall energy and vitality.
Hormonal balancing for both men and women that can help with menopause, acne, fertility, thyroid and other problems related to the endocrine system.
Assistance in maintaining healthy blood glucose levels.
For individuals seeking all the benefits of Red, Black and Yellow Maca, simultaneously, it is possible to purchase a product wherein the three types are combined.
Some people who have used Maca found it advisable to begin with a low dose and slowly build up to the amount they intended to take daily. Others have suggested that it was helpful for them to cycle on and off Maca on a monthly schedule.
Please consult your healthcare professional before making any drastic changes to your diet, or supplementing to treat a medical condition.
The powder is very soluble in liquids, which makes it blend easily and completely.
Maca can be added to pancakes, smoothies, juices, ice creams or baked goods.
Maca Almond Banana Chocolate Smoothie
- 2 cups of unsweetened almond milk
- 2 medium sized frozen sliced banana
- 1 tsp of banana powder
- 1 tbsp of cacao powder
- 1 tsp Indus Organics gelatinized maca powder (any kind that you prefer)
- sweetener (maple syrup, stevia - of your own choice)
- Put all the ingredients in your blender and process till it becomes smooth.
- Serve with ice.
Maca Almond Banana Pancakes
- 3/4 cup all-purpose or wholegrain flour
- 1 peeled banana
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp Indus Organics maca powder (any kind of your choice)
- sweetener of your own choice
- sliced almonds
- Combine banana, vanilla and milk in high speed blender
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and maca powder
- Pour banana milk into dry ingredients, whisk until it makes a smooth paste.
- Pour in batches on the griddle over low heat and your pancakes will come out easily
- Add sweetener and topped with sliced almonds.