Indus Organics Black Chia Seeds, 2 Lb Bag, Sulfite Free, No Added Sugar, Premium Grade, High Purity, Freshly Packed
A food rich in omega-3 fatty acids as well-suited for modern diets. These nutritional seeds are equipped with magnesium, fiber and essential fatty acids. The seeds are hydrophilic, absorbing up to 12 times their weight in liquid when soaked. While soaking, the seeds develop a mucilaginous coating that gives chia-based beverages a distinctive gel texture. Excellent for Vegetarians!
Soaked Chia can be used in puddings, gruels, and porridges!
Chia Seed Pudding
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (yogurt optional)
- 2-3 Tbsps. maple syrup (as per the taste)
- Suggested toppings: Try with roasted hazelnuts/ white dried mulberries/ dried banana slices, coconut flakes, Ceylon cinnamon, cacao powder for chocolate flavor, nuts and berries
- Combine almond milk and chia seeds and the syrup in a cup. Set mixture aside for 15 minutes.
- Stir the mixture again and eat/serve with your favorite topping. Leftovers should be kept in an airtight container.
Chia Seeds with Chicken Nuggets
- 1 pound organic, skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
- ¾ cup ground flax seed
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ¼ freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon basil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease a baking sheet or baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, place flax seed, chia seeds, Parmesan cheese, salt, oregano, basil and garlic. Mix well.
- In another separate medium bowl, place eggs and mix well.
- Line up the bowls and place each piece of chicken into egg mixture, then flax/chia mixture. Lay onto prepared baking sheet until all the chicken is used.
- Discard any remaining egg or flax mixtures.
- Cook chicken for 25 minutes or until cooked through, making sure to turn over once halfway through. Serve hot!
Chia Seed Summer Spritzer
- 1 cup coconut water
- 2 tablespoons lime juice / pineapple juice ( or any of your own choice)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Mix all ingredients together in a blender (or shake well in a closed container) and let sit for 15 minutes for chia seeds to expand.