Indus Organic Malabar Black Peppercorns 8 Oz Spice Grinder (3 Pack), Premium Grade, High Purity, Freshly Packed
Black peppercorns can be used in soups, salad dressing, pasta, pizza, sandwiches and gourmet breads. Organic Black Peppercorn pack has finest quality Malabar organic pepper that you need to make a tasteful food. These high quality hand picked Peppercorns will give you the taste and aroma that a food needs. Black peppercorns can be used in soups, salad dressing, pasta, pizza, sandwiches and gourmet breads.
Black Pepper Beef
- 2 teaspoons whole black peppercorns
- 500g (18oz) beef filet or other tender cut, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 onion, cut into 1/2 inch squares
- 1 small green bell pepper, cut into 1/2 inch squares
- 2 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons potato starch
- 1 tablespoon Shaoxing wine (sherry or dry)
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
1.) Use mortar and pestle to crush pepper into large pieces.
2.) Place beef into bowl and add 3/4 of the pepper, the oyster sauce, wine, potato starch, soy sauce and sesame oil.
3.) Mix thoroughly and permit to marinade for 15 minutes or longer.
4.) Heat cast iron skillet or wok until hot over high heat.
5a.) Fry one side until browned, then use a hard spatula to stir-fry until both sides of the beef are browned and cooked.
5b.) Add bell peppers, onions and garlic while stir frying.
5c.) Add the remaining marinade and continue stir-fry until the onions are cooked.
6.) Transfer to a plate and garnish with the remaining black pepper.
Black Pepper Sauce
- 1 tablespoon crushed black peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup finely minced shallots (2 tablespoons onion powder can be substituted.)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup cognac
- 1 1/2 cups beef stock
- 6 tablespoons creme fraiche
1.) Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a saucepan over low heat.
2.) Stir and cook shallots in hot butter until translucent, about 5 minutes.
3.) Add parsley and saute for 5 minutes.
4.) Season with pepper and salt.
5.) Carefully pour cognac over shallot mixture.
6.) Stir and cook until flames disappear, 2-3 minutes.
7.) Add beef stock and bring to a boil.
8.) Reduce heat, add creme fraiche, and simmer until slightly reduced after approximately 5 minutes.
9.) Stir in and melt 2 tablespoons of butter into the sauce.
Black Pepper Honey Salad Dressing
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons honey, warmed
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup mint leaves, finely sliced
1.) Combine all ingredients in a jar with a tight lid.
2.) Shake vigorously until creamy and well mixed.
3.) Remains fresh in the refrigerator for around one week.