Indus Organic White Quinoa Seeds, 2 Lb Premium Quality, 99% Purity, Pre-Washed, Non-gmo, Freshly Packed
Quinoa is a grain crop grown primarily for its edible seeds.
The Inca referred to quinoa as the "mother seed," and considered it to be sacred. They grew quinoa in South America in the high altitude of the Andes.
Organic white Quinoa seeds are cleaned through machine for high purity greater than 99%. Sap is already removed from these seeds through a dual process of washing and friction. As a result our quinoa is pre-washed for cooking and no soaking is required to remove sapoline. Our Quinoa seeds are grown in high altitude of Andean mountain region by small Peruvian farmers using sustainable organic techniques.
Quinoa works great as a baking grain and as versatile as rice/couscous, but quinoa seeds has a richer, nuttier flavor than rice/couscous. Best for gluten free, vegans or vegetarian diets.
Quinoa Veggie Patties Sandwich
- 1 cup quinoa
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 yellow or white chopped onion and cilantro leaves (as per the taste)
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup whole grain bread crumbs, more if needed
- Water, if needed
- 2-3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil or clarified butter
- Cook 1 cup of quinoa in 2-3 cups of water.
- After the Quinoa is cooled down, combine it with eggs and salt in a medium bowl. Mix in the onion, cheese, cilantro and garlic.
- Add and mix the bread crumbs and let sit for a few minutes so the crumbs can absorb some of the moisture to make patties.
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium-low heat, add patties (ensure they have enough space) cover, and cook for about 10 minutes, until the bottoms are deeply browned. *Carefully flip the patties*
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2-3 cups water or broth
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 small red and 1 small yellow capsicum pepper, chopped
- 1 cup parboiled green beans, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup chopped, toasted pecans / almonds sliced if desired
- Cook 1 cup of quinoa in 2-3 cups of water separately.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add the onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until they start to soften, 2-3 minutes.
- Add other chopped vegetables.
- Add 1 tbsp of oil and garlic.
- Season vegetables with 1/4 teaspoon salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Add cooked quinoa to vegetables and stir in pecans and almonds. Serve hot or warm.