Organic Red Cayenne pepper pack has finest quality organic pepper that you need to make a tasteful food. These high quality product is made from hand picked hot red Cayenne pepper that will give you the taste and aroma that a food lover needs.
Cayenne Cashew Brittle
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-2 teaspoons lime zest, freshly grated
- 1 1/2 cups sugar (300g)
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 2 cups salted cashews (approx 10 oz)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Spray baking sheet with vegetable oil cooking spray.
- Bring corn syrup and sugar to a boil in a medium saucepan. (Prevent crystals before sugar dissolves using a wet pastry brush down the sides)
- Cook, while occasionally swirling, until golden brown around the edge.
- Stir in cashews, salt, lime zest and cayenne.
- Continue cooking for approx 5-8 mins until mixture is pale amber.
- Pour gently onto baking sheet without spreading.
- Permit to cool.
- Break into pieces. (May be stored for up to a week in an airtight container.)
Cayenne Cheddar Crackers
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 ounces cold, unsalted butter (cut into 1/2" cubes)
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 ounces walnuts (finely chopped)
- 6 ounces all-purpose flour
- 3 ounces sharp cheddar cheese (finely shredded)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Combine flour, cheese, salt and cayenne in a food processor, pulsing until just mixed.
- Scatter cold butter over the top and pulse until mixture is crumbly.
- Mix water and yolk, then drizzle them into the food processor, pulsing until getting small, moist crumbs of and even size.
- Add nuts and pulse a few times.
- Dump mixture onto counter and knead with your hands.
- Flatten and fold dough using scraper or bench knife.
- Roll into 14" log and wrap in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment.
- Slice log into 1/4 inch disks, then place them 1/2 inch apart on parchment.
- Bake, one sheet at a time, for approx 18 mins.
- Cool on pan, then store in airtight container.
Cayenne Mango Chutney
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pint white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger root, grated
- 1 tablespoon English mustard powder
- 2 baking apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 pound caster sugar
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 4 large mangoes, peeled, stoned and sliced
- Place mango slices in large bowl and sprinkle with salt.
- Leave overnight.
- Drain off the juice and rinse fruit.
- Place cayenne, vinegar, ginger, mustard, apples, sugar and garlic in a pan and disolve the sugar over low heat.
- Bring to a boil and add mangoes.
- Simmer for 30 minutes until thick and syrupy.
- Spoon into jars and seal.